Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
As part of the Foster Care & Adoption leadership team, this position will help ensure the provision of quality foster care, adoption and permanency planning services to children and families involved with Sheltering Arms. S/he will work with the Director of Foster Care & Adoption to lead program staff, particularly in the Bronx office, to meet all expectations regarding service provision and documentation as set forth in OCFS, ACS, and agency standards, as well as the Solution-Based Casework Model. This position requires a motivated, energetic individual that will oversee the quality of services to children and families. The ideal candidate must demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills as well as a strong sensitivity to cultural differences.
* Oversee the Foster Care, Transitional Support and PYA units in the Bronx.
* Supervise the Administrative Supervisors based in the Bronx FCA Office. Effectively coach supervisors to provide them the tools needed to engage in best practices.
* Track Permanency Hearing Reports, FASPs and monthly progress notes for the Bronx office.
* Work closely in collaboration with Homefinding and Adoption Units.
* Works in close collaboration with the Quality Improvement Dept. to respond to their requests for information, meet internal and ACS deadlines, engage in cleanup of data systems, and be familiar with all program-specific data.
* Represent the agency in meetings with ACS, OCFS, COFCCA, and other outside entities as needed.
* Responsible for balancing petty cash, disbursements and bank activity for the Bronx Site.
* Represent the agency at the City-Wide Strong Families meetings.
* Liaison with ACS and work with agency staff to ensure compliance with ABC and CANS requirements
* Perform other duties as delegated
* Master Degree in Social Work (MSW) required, LMSW or LCSW preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience.
* Strong knowledge of OCFS & ACS Foster Care Mandates.
* Strong knowledge of Connections and LTS.
* Excellent written, verbal & organizational skills.
* Vigorous commitment to working with children and families.
* Able to navigate Excel, Outlook and Microsoft word.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.